Monday 19 March 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse

Overall Restaurant Rating: ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥

Another Saturday full of tummy goodness.
This was my second trip to Ruth’s, and from what I can remember from my first experience is sitting at a cosy booth along the wall listening to sizzling plates and infusing my nostrils with the intense aroma of their delightful butter. And the second time around I was just as delighted as the first time, what beats sitting next to my manfriend and whiffing up a storm? Not too much indeed.

For the “manliest of man” guys or those few butter haters, you may not like how you don’t taste that pure beefy beef taste, but for myself I quite enjoy the butter soaked beef.

So what beef did we have infused?

They start you off with yummy Cheese bread and Garlic Butter Bread ♥♥♥♡♡
/♥♥♥♥♥
my meal also came with the Harvest Salad (Mixed greens with Roasted Corn, dried Cherries, crispy Bacon and Tomatoes in a White Balsamic Vinaigrette, topped with Goat Cheese and Cajun Pecans.)  ♥♥♡♡♡
/♥♥♥♥♥ Not bad, minus the Goat Cheese, Goat Cheese makes everything lose a ♥.

Baby had the Ribeye ♥♥♥♡♡
/♥♥♥♥♥ super juicy, cooked medium rare just right. Along with the Creamed Spinach (A Ruth’s favorite, chopped spinach in a New Orleans style cream sauce) ♥♡♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ I have never had Spinach severed to me this way before, and I can tell you I am not a fan. So mushy it reminds me of baby food or better yet an oldie with no teeth. Blah.
and I had the Petite Filet and Barbecued Shrimp ♥♥♥♡♡
/♥♥♥♥♥ also super juicy, I also like my meat medium rare, and it was pretty much bang on. The Shrimp were really yummy, the sauce was just right, not too creamy, and not too liquefied along with the Lyonnaise (Sautéed with Onions) ♥♥♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥
and even with those tummy stuffers, we had to fit dessert, the Cheesecake (Creamy homemade Cheesecake served with Fresh Berries) ♥♥♥♥♡
/♥♥♥♥♥ this Cheesecake is big, like I mean big..like it could almost pass for a small individual cake. I quite enjoyed it, it was topped with Greek Yogurt I believe, which made it unique and for me complimented the richness. The boyfriend didn’t enjoy that part of it so much, so you may not be too fond of it as well, if you don’t like the taste of pure unsweetened yogurts.



Our waiter said “Absolutely” a lot, which kind of drove me a little crazy, and he forgot my Ginger Ale, I’m not usually bitter about things like this, but I just really didn’t have the fondest feelings for our server. But the restaurant over has a nice presence, big windows, dim lighting, it’s nice.

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment