Wednesday 28 March 2012

Penguin Plunge


Yay for Zoo days! What a wonderful day it was..we started off with picking up some Macdonald’s and oh what? A double Filet-O-Fish? Yes a double Filet! Just because Macdonald’s can, and it seriously can’t get any better than parking your car, stinking it up with Macdonald’s before hitting up the Zoo.
Penguins Penguins Penguins! A good long line up, about a fifty minute wait, sipping some hot chocolate, playing some Text Twist. Definitely well worth the wait! Even though it was only a fifteen minute duration per group but it really does feels like plenty of time when you’re in there, you can actually get pretty close to them, the glass that surrounds them hardly even passed our shoulders. Quite the experience, had a few good super lame Penguin jokes told to us which were so lame they were funny, we did manage not to get pee-ed or poo-ed on which was a plus. I would definitely line up again to see them, especially this lone Penguin I took a liking to, and he was the cutest one out of the bunch.

I haven’t been to the Zoo in ages and this was probably one of the best Zoo day ever! Since everyone was hyped up for the Penguins the rest of the Zoo was pretty cleared out, so we had a chance to spend a good four hours wandering about, creeping on the animals, and let me tell you, those animals were super active that day. We came across a tiger that paced back and forth for a good twenty minutes, a weird Ape that kept eating random things off of the ground and totally kept facing his back towards us because he definitely knew we were watching him I gotta tell ya, those Apes are something else I could sit there on that bench and watch them all day if I could, they are so smart! We bumped into two Meerkats fighting over a hardboiled egg, we were there, I kid you not a good thirty minutes at least watching them push each other around but hardly moving, claws dug deep in the dirt, poor little Meerkat didn’t even get a piece. And a lady walks by and says to her husband “aww look, the Meerkats are in love”. Bf and I stare at each other and chuckle knowing we have been watching these two stubborn Meerkats struggle with each other for thirty minutes. We also ran into a very itchy Giraffe, and that was alone mesmerizing, he almost took out a whole branch from itching himself. Oh how I have come to appreciate the Zoo so much more.



So after the Zoo, off to watch The Lorax, I couldn’t tell you much other than the fact I fell asleep for practically the whole movie. Obviously not good enough to keep my interest.

Then to Applebee’s before our Walking Dead Season 2 Finale!

Oh Applebee’s, it’s like walking into a pub with weird circus clown lights above your table, it’s a place to go nearby when we don’t have time to travel elsewhere.

What did we order?



Manfriend got the
Half Rack of Ribs
♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ I am always down for Ribs, one of my favorite things..and they’re pretty good here not too sweet not too sour.
Mmm..what did I get?..I believe it was the
Bourbon Street Steak with Cajun Prawns
♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥this has to be one of the worst Steaks I’ve had in my lifetime, it was weird in flavour and the texture of meat was something else. Which reminds me don’t ever get the Spinach and Artichoke Dip ♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ probably the worst Appetizer ever, actually ruined my appetite the first time I had it.

 

and for take home dessert for our Walking Dead Finale the
Triple Chocolate Meltdown
♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ This is so good you always have to ask for an extra scoop of Ice Cream though because it is extremely sweet! That was the best part about Applebee’s. The extremely chocolaty yummy dessert!

And I must add, if you tune into the Walking Dead, the season finale absolutely left me wanting more! I can not wait till season 3. Sooo INTENSE! Got to love them zombies..

Applebee's Restaurant‎ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment