Wednesday 14 March 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Brasserie Kensington


Overall Restaurant Rating: ♥♥♥/♥♥♥♥♥

Another beautiful weekend, what better than a nice sunny day walking down Kensington and stopping for a bite to eat.

So to those that may know me, I love looking up menu’s before I actually set foot into most restaurants, it has become sort of a habit of mine, and Brasserie’s menu had me at TRUFFLE.

The manfriend heard about this little place from a co-worker of his, and I am so glad we ventured out for lunch, the only downfall was that we only had the brunch menu, but we did still manage to chose the most fattening and hearty sounding dishes!

At first we had a hard time finding it, because it’s kind of off in a corner and up a few stairs.

 So what did we have?

Breakfast Poutine (Cheese Curds, Duck Gravy & Fried Egg ) ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Because poutine’s for breakfast are the best!! Very very filling, don’t think I could ever finish one of these bad boys by myself, the egg definitely made it feel more like breakfast.

and babe got the “Big Taste” for only $25.00(CAD) which included :
 
Smoked Tomato and Duck Soup  ♥♥♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Two stars only because the Goat Cheese was a no, no. I dislike Goat Cheese and no matter how little of it is in a dish, it ruins most dishes for me.
Duck Rillette Sandwich ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Taste almost like a Tuna Sandwich but with Duck!? Intresting..but it was definitely tasty.
and Foi Gras Crème Brulée ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Great way to end off a delicious brunch, the fruits were all sweet and the Crème Brulée tasted like an American version egg tart, without the crust.

All of that for twenty-five buckaroos, not too shabby, not too shabby at all.



And of course while in Kensington you need to also stop at Crave,



Bf’s Favorite, Dirty Blonde
My fav’s, Va Va Vanilla and the Red Velvet Elvis, I am just missing The Princess Vanilla

Hands down Crave is one of my Favorite Cupcake places, it lives up to its hype unlike a few of others.

Brasserie Kensington on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment