Thursday 23 February 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Una Pizza + Wine

Extra Gingery Ginger Ale
Once you have this, all other Ginger Ale taste like Sprite
Overall Restaurant Rating: ★★★★/★★★★★

After a long week of work, a night out with some good friends, the bf and food make my night. Even though we waited around for almost 3 hours, got caught up in a random bomb threat, was super late for karaoke and nearly starved to death.. Okay okay, I am over exaggerating just a little, but here is how the night played out, so we made plans for 7:00, but on Saturdays I usually get off at 6:00 so I get my manfriend to pick me up and head down there for 6:30 because I know Wop’s Pizza usually has a long wait, so I just expected Una’s to be on the same stream, the friends call and say let’s be there for 6:30. And I was thinking my thoughts exactly, perfect! So we arrive put our name down for an hour and forty-five minutes, and no big deal there just also happened to be a bomb threat in the neighbourhood which made Una’s sound even more of an awesome choice, thank goodness for Waves Cafe a few steps down from Una’s  , they gave us a place to chitchat and have a few bites to calm our hunger urges. So we filled up on tasty mini cheesecakes and I had a yummy London Fog. And then finally after waiting patiently for the hour and forty-five we were finally seated and it took about another forty-five  and a bit for the food to hit the table, by the time we were done it was about 9:00ish. Good food, extraordinary company, superb night, the chances of waiting that long ever again, not likely, well not an hour and forty-five minutes. But it was definitely yumms. And I can't forget to mention that my love spotted a Robert Downey Jr. lookalike, and like little creeps we are..we did snap a photo or two of him, sorry mister stranger. But you do look like a celeb.


Veal + Pork Meatballs (braised in San Marzano
Tomatoes, shaved Grana Padano) ★★★/★★★★★ Bigger and tastier balls, hehe. In comparison to Wop’s meatballs, I definitely prefer these ones.
Winter Squash Risotto (wilted Leeks, Grana Padano,
Pumpkin Seed Pesto) ★★/★★★★★

Pizza


Mushroom (Roasted Cremini Mushrooms,
Smoked Mozzarella + Grana Padano Cheese,
Fresh Arugula, Truffle Oil) ★★★★/★★★★★ I love love Truffle Oil, the dough taste less doughy than Wop’s which I like, but Wop’s is pretty darn good too. So far the Mushroom topping Pizza’s are my favourites at both places.
Sausage (Fennel Sausage, wilted Radicchio,
Roasted Garlic, Provolone Piccante) ★★/★★★★★
What a snaphot, oh babe. Red eye's and all
Babe and I are creeps


UNA Pizza and Wine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment