Wednesday 29 February 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Taste and Koto Sushi Lounge


The best food day ever!
Overall Restaurant Rating:
♥♥♥♥
/♥♥♥♥♥

Taste

“Eat less, taste more”

One of the first weekdays the manfriend and I both had off, enabling us to make it down to Taste for lunch. And let me tell you, I seriously adore adore this little restaurant, even though their Valentine’s menu sucked, our lunch date definitely made up for it. So if you haven’t been I highly recommend you go....right now! And make sure you save room for dessert. Hehe.Deceivingly petite dishes, but trust me your tummy will be jam-packed.

Duck Fat Popcorn
♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥
Mac n’ Cheese (Aged Cheddar, Parmesan) ♥♥♥♥♥/♥♥♥♥♥ Hands down the best Mac n’ Cheese I’ve ever come across, seriously! I drool dream about this Mac n’ Cheese.
Gnocchi (Wild mushroom, Truffle)
♥♥♥♥/♥♥♥♥♥
Cheesecake ♥♥♥♥♥
/♥♥♥♥♥ and again, hands down the best cheesecake I’ve ever come across. And how unique is the presentation, just so good. When I dream of food, Taste is definitely on my mind.


 

And to top things off our waiter got our bill mixed up with the other people sitting beside us so we even saved a few dollars to boot! How funny


Taste Restaurant on Urbanspoon


Overall Restaurant Rating:
♥♥♥♥/♥♥♥♥♥



So for Christmas my brother gave my boyfriend a $50 groupon to this place and the hardest part is it’s never opened on Sundays, and that’s our go out and stuff our faces day of the week. And to be honest, just because we had a groupon I didn’t have much expectation for our little venture for sushi. But!! I was blown away! Where have you been little restaurant? Koto is just fantastic, you walk into a cosy, super fresh atmosphere.

And speaking of fresh, the sushi was fabulous, Koto has definitely stood out for me, it seems like they put an interesting fusion twist on things and it makes all the dishes so much more fun and refreshing. Beautifully presented and delicious to taste, one of the better Calgary sushi places for sure! Worth what you pay.

 

Fried Gyoza ♥♥♥♥/♥♥♥♥♥

Spicy Tuna Tempura Signature Maki Roll ♥♥♥♥/♥♥♥♥♥
Smoked Salmon Sashimi ♥♥♥♥
/♥♥♥♥♥
Toro (Fatty Tuna Belly) Sushi ?????
/♥♥♥♥♥ Toro’s not my favourite, so this was all the bf’s.
Shake (Salmon with Spicy Volcano Sauce) Sushi ♥♥♥♥
/♥♥♥♥♥
Thake (Tuna with Spicy Miso Sauce) Sashimi ♥♥♥♥♥/♥♥♥♥♥ Whatever the Spicy Miso sauce is, it is the best sushi sauce ever created. My new favourite, a must order every time.

Lobster Dynamite Tempura
Signature Maki Roll ♥♥
♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥
Dragon Signature Maki Roll ♥♥♥
♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥

Korean Style Spicy Sashimi (Salmon) ♥♥♥♥
/♥♥♥♥♥ Best display of Sashimi ever! Filled with Avocados, Tomatoes, and super fresh Salmon of course, thinking about it makes my mouth water.

Green Tea Ice Cream ♥♥
♡♡♡/
♥♥♥♥♥ Not yummy, the only disappointment of the night though, it tasted like freezer burn.

 

Koto Sushi Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment