Monday 30 January 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Fiore’s Modern Italian Restaurant


Overall Restaurant Rating: ★★★☆☆ /★★★★★
Another lovely weekend lunch with my manfriend, and of course after a long week of work everyone needs a little something hearty and warm. And what better than yummy and very affordable pasta topped with tons and tons of parmesan!? So to make this place even more awesome is where it is located, most places along 17th have all been pretty fantastic, such as my few favorites Tubby Dog, and The Big Cheese. Those “can eat only once every 4 months” kind of places because they are so darn good, but at the same time so bad for you, and seriously if I had just .001 less self control I would be far obese by now!

Mmmm..Enough of poutine’s and hot dogs back to Fiore’s.So my first impression walking into Fiore’s was more like a pub vibe, as opposed to a more restaurant feel, but none the less that’s what makes it feel super comfortable. What we had on the menu?
Mushroom Caps (Mushroom caps sautéed in garlic butter baked with mozzarella and parmesan cheese) ★★★☆☆/★★★★★ Cheesy and tasty
Linguini Marinara (Linguini with baby shrimp and baby clams in a garlic tomato sauce) ★★★☆☆/★★★★★ Only had a bite of my manfriends meal which was good from what I had, usually I get really anxious ordering any tomatoes sauce pasta's just because I always find that it is either too sweet or too sour, but here, it was well balanced.
and the Lunch Special (which comes with soup and changes daily)
The pasta ★★★☆☆/★★★★★ First time having Corn Penne which was actually pretty tasty, because usually whenever I have “healthy” pastas I always find that they have a very peculiar texture against my tongue almost gritty, and I really dislike that.
The soup ★☆☆☆☆/★★★★★ Just ok, nothing special..But then again I really dislike cooked carrots so all I had was the potato bits.
Cute little spot to stop in for lunch after a nice afternoon walk. Great pasta menu with a lot of variations, they serve whole wheat and gluten free pastas as well. I would definitely stop in again to try out some other pasta selections. Great specials, super affordable, great stomach stuffing lunch.

Fiore's on Urbanspoon

1 comment: