Monday 30 April 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Sushi-Bar Miki


Overall Restaurant Rating: ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥

A few weekends ago..the dragged out tummy filling adventures, it sure seems like I went on hiatus for a little while there, boy I tell you I’ve been so tired and so busy trying to catch up on sleep, and fitting well life in between.

So let’s get down to what we tried a few weekends ago, so another sushi venture needed and so the manfriend picked me up from work and drove me to this little place located in somewhat a sketchy area, well yeah it was pretty sketchy and random, so hoping this little place would pleasantly surprise us just as The White Elephant did we curiously entered and took our seats. We ordered the (25.00) Assorted Sashimi (7 Kinds) ♥♥♥
♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Overall all the Sashimi was very fresh, and the presentation was good, the Red Tuna stood out for me the most, because usually I am not a huge fan of Tuna, but it was extremely tasty and left me wanting more.
Ebi (Steamed Prawn), Hokkigai (Surf Clam), Hotategai (Scallop), Maguro (Tuna), Special Marugo (Red Tuna), Shake (Salmon) and Hamachi (Yellow Tail)

the Takoyaki ♥♥♥
♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ I was so craving this.. mmm
the Volcano Roll (Hot and Spicy Shrimp) ♥
♡♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Great presentation!! But a Volcano Roll without Spicy Mayo?! No thanks, it’s a petpeeve of mine when Sushi restaurants just put Sriracha on so-called “Volcano Rolls”, like Sakana..that’s an instant -♥♥♥♥ negative four hearts for no effort.
the Miki Special Agedashi Tofu ♥♥♥
♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Interesting combination of Tempura and Tofu all my favorites in a dish. Yumm.
and after those I was still hungry, so we got a second round of individual Sashimi..
Shake (Salmon) ♥♥♥
♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥
Amaebi (Raw Prawn) ♥♥♥
♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥
SP Scallop (Masago Mayonnaise Scallop) ♥
♡♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ No wonder they did not make spicy Mayo, because there Mayo tastes like it will give me a stomach ache, the Mayo is not very good and is pretty liquidy..werid!
Special Marugo (Red Tuna) ♥♥♥
♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ The first round was better.
Smoked Salmon ♥♥♥
♡♡/
♥♥♥♥♥

 

The atmosphere isn’t bad, it’s small and cute, the food was mediocre, lots of hype for a little place and because of that I think I was expecting a lot more, I was expecting a little treasure in a hidden wall, but it was just..ok, I think I do need to come back and try out a few more rolls though, I’d give it another go..

Sushi-Bar Miki on Urbanspoon


 

And of course after any meal you need to sweeten your taste buds to some dessert, and it was a beautiful day out so we decided to drive all the way to My Favorite Little Ice Cream Shoppe.




I don’t know if I would say it’s my Favorite, but I do say they have tons and tons of flavours to choose from, a funky old school atmosphere. It was packed when we got there, and by the time we got our scoops we headed back to the car to avoid the Mosquitoes and stared at the “ I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream” Wall, and I quite like that.


 

And to end off the night, a walk along the Peace Bridge..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment