Thursday 12 April 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Hot Point Fusion Cafe

Overall Restaurant Rating: ♥♥♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥

I am awfully sorry, I have not kept up with blogging for a good few weeks now, due to laziness, and lack of motivation, and because I have been trying to adjust to these new
foreign pieces of metal in my mouth, but that will be a later story.

Back to tummy Chronicles, so Hot Point! The last place that the manfriend took me before my awesome mouth of metal, and let me tell you, I could not be happier that I had the full use of my teeth for this little joint.

So you walk in, and if you have ever been to Bubblemania or to Dessert House, or any snaking Bubbletea place that’s the feel when you walk in, and I, for one am a big fan of little snaking places and to boot, they have these dark framed illustrations along the wall that I really really appreciate. Cute little table, cute little seat to share, like a little loveseat.

Oh to be totally off topic for a second, I came across a review before we had a chance to try this little place on beyond..haha and it made me lol. I enjoyed it.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-350441.html

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it, it's too risky. You get a sense of it then you look away." -
Jerry Seinfeld  Teehee, one of the comments. LOL

So this guy talks about one of the waitress’ bending over and flashing some you know tata’s and I couldn’t help but notice how low the tables are, and how indeed our waitress did indeed have to bend over quite far, as in elbows on the table far, and thankfully she was wearing a cleavage covering blouse, but just thought you guys should know my random thoughts.




Okay, obviously I am very random tonight, back to food..

So to start off Bubbleteas
Signature Milk Tea
♥♥♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Had mini hard shell Chocolates and Chocolate syrup, it kind of ruins the Milk Tea taste, it looked quite cute though, except it didn’t taste that awesome.
Green Apple Lychee Tea Slush
♡♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Only had a sip, it was a too little sour for my liking.
oh yeah.. and the Uji Ma-Cha Milk Tea
♡♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Yes, I did get two drinks, one for there and one for the way home, it’s how I Bubbletea, except this was very yuck, I only got it because of the random name to be honest, I love trying what I don't know on the the menu. To bad this time that did not work in my favor.
and to the food Original Egg Puff
♥♥♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Mmm, not bad, but not as good as the little Bubbletea place at the old Franklin Mall. I wanted to steal their candy heart plate! Boyfriend said no..made me a sad ohsotedious. :(
Spicy Beef Hot Soup
♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ I would come back and order this one! Yummy in my tum tum.
Curry Fish Ball Hot Soup
♡♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ Tasteless, too generic of a Curry soup base..thumbs down.
I could definitely not tell which soup  was which when they brought them out to our table, and so I ended up eating the boyfriends and the whole time we were like hmm..which one is which and I was even awesome enough to say that mine was better because I always have better menu sense, and I always pick the yummiest things, except it was his I was eating, haha. And the Spicy Beef was way better than the Curry Fish Ball, I will not be ordering that again, poor boyfriend had my crummy hot pot. So overall, I like the overall cute Asian hangout feel, not very good Bubbletea though, it’s unique in a sense and I like it, I would go back for some yummy Spicy Beef Hot Pot. And oh yes, it's super affordable!!


And because I am the biggest creeper here's a shot I took with my phone just to prove my elbow-to-table description.

Oh..my..hehe love, ohsotedious



Hot Point Fusion Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment