Monday 2 April 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Buddha’s Veggie Restaurant

Overall Restaurant Rating: ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥

Another weekend, another food adventure. So as you may know, or may not know..I am definitely not a vegetable kind of girl, I was a bad child, and I am still bad as a semi grown up because I still hate to eat my veggies, except for a few exceptions. So I was really really curious to try out a vegetarian place to force veggies on myself, and see if they can make different types of meat dishes out of veggies and make them taste actually yummy. And to my delight when we walked in and got seated I see on the table Peking Duck! And of course we also ordered that, and to my knowledge Buddha’s Veggies use to only have one menu containing all vegetarian dishes but recently they also added a menu containing meat dishes.

 

So due to my curiosity, we ordered
Deep-Fried Drum Sticks ♥♥♡♡♡
/♥♥♥♥♥ My baby said it tasted like cardboard, and I sort of agree that it taste artificial, the batter was good though. Lol
Crispy Veggie Eel with Spicy Salt ♥♡♡♡♡
/♥♥♥♥♥ I think they battered and deep-fried Mushrooms for this, and added sauce or some sort of seasoning that tasted very fishy, and it was just a really odd smell and taste, a big no-no.
Ma-Po Tofu with Veggie Ham ♥♥♥♡♡
/♥♥♥♥♥ This was good, I am really fond of Tofu so I can’t really complain, the Veggie Ham tasted yummy to me, I don’t know if it was because it was drenched in super rich sauce but the sauce was flavourful and went wonderfully with a bowl of steamed rice.
And one course Peking Duck ♥♥♥♡♡
/♥♥♥♥♥ I was impressed with the display of folded Peking Doilies, they were presented very neatly and it makes it so much easier when they don’t stick together, the Cucumbers and Onions were sliced to slivers which was amazing, and delicious Duck, the only negative was the Peking sauce, which just was too think and tasted too much like plain Hoisin sauce.



Buddha's Veggie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment