Wednesday 4 April 2012

Tummy Chronicles: Ric’s Grill

Overall Restaurant Rating: ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥

Craving Ribs on a Saturday night, just in time for celebrating a great girlie’s Birthday!
So let’s see.. from what I could remember from the first time I stepped into this little restaurant was that.. they had very interesting abstract paintings that looked very sensual haha, and second, the Ribs that I had before had too sour of a sauce, with that said I was still craving Ribs, so my mission that night was to get Ribs no matter what.

So we walked in for reservations for eight o’clock, the name of the Birthday girl was definitely not the name they took down when they made the reservations, she probably made these reservations a month prior but still we had to wait another twenty minutes before the tables were ready. And finally when we sat down everything else was just as slow and behind.

So the Ribs I had the first time at Ric’s was the St. Louis BBQ Ribs (Slow roasted Ribs with house made BBQ sauce)
♡♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ The BBQ sauce that day was way too sour, and it totally ruined my Ribs. But this time I ordered the Sesame Ginger Chili Ribs (Ribs basted with a Sesame Ginger sauce) ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ which definitely satisfied my Rib cravings, it was the perfect amount of sweetness, and it was cooked perfectly! So yums.
Babe had the Peppercorn Mushroom New York (
Peppered N.Y. Steak with Mushrooms and Madagascar Peppercorn sauce) ♥♥♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ I remember that when we went to Taste of Calgary a few years ago this was our favorite, and it was what made us try Ric’s in the first place, but I guess that this time around it was just ok..nothing special but the Crispy stuffed Spicy Onions ♥♥♥♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ were a delicious enhancement, and his stuffed Potato was way better than my roasted Potatoes.
And from the Lounge Menu we had the Meatballs (
Fresh, slow braised ground Beef, Ric's seasoning, Tomato sauce, Asiago) ♥♥♡♡♡/♥♥♥♥♥ The Meatball itself was really good, decent size, but the Tomatoe sauce was a touch sour, but way better than the BBQ sauce from the first visit.

 

Cute little Birthday dinner, good company, and good Ribs.
Can’t ask for a better Saturday night.

Ric's Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment